OFFICERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS & THE AKC DELEGATE
SECTION 1 - OFFICERS, TERM OF OFFICE, QUALIFICATIONS & DUTIES
- All officers shall, as a matter of continuing eligibility, be an Individual, Household or Lifetime Member for at least two years prior to their election or appointment and be a resident of the United States. No more than one Household Member shall hold more than one office at the same time. Specifically:
- The Treasurer shall be bondable.
- The Immediate Past President shall be the past President who most recently held that office, was not removed from that office and agrees to serve.
- The officers shall perform those duties prescribed by these bylaws and by the parliamentary authority adopted by the Club. In addition, the officers chall perform these specific duties:
- The President shall preside at all meetings of the Club and of the Board and shall have the duties and powers normally appurtenant to the office of President in addition to those particularly specified in these By-laws.
- The Vice-President shall have the duties and exercise the powers of the President in case of the President's death, absence, or incapacity.
- The Recording Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the Club and of the Board and of all votes taken by mail or e-mail, and of all matters of which a record shall be ordered by the Club, and carry out such duties as are prescribed in these By-laws.
- The Corresponding Secretary shall have charge of the correspondence, notify members of meetings, notify Officers and Directors of their election to office, publish a roll of the members of the Club with their addresses, and carry out such other duties as are prescribed in these By-laws.
- The Treasurer shall collect and receive all monies due to or belonging, to the Club. The Treasurer shall deposit the same in a bank approved by the Board in the name of the Club. The books shall be opened at all times to inspection by the Board and s/he shall have published in the newsletter a semiannual report of the Club's finances, including, a summary of every item of receipt or payment not before reported. An account of all monies received and expended during the fiscal year shall be reported to the Board and published in the newsletter within 30 days of the end of the fiscal year. Upon completion of all transactions for a fiscal year, the Treasurer shall have the Records and Books, of the Club, checked and verified by an independent, financial professional, chosen by the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall be bonded in such amount as the Board of Directors shall determine at the expense of the Club.
SECTION 2 - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors shall consist of the officers of the Club, except that Immediate Past President shall have no vote but shall retain all other rights of membership. The general management of the club’s Affairs shall be entrusted to the Board of Directors.
The Officers and Directors shall be elected as provided in Article IV, and shall serve until their successors take office. General management of the Club's affairs shall be entrusted to the Board of Directors. The President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer and four Directors shall be limited to two consecutive terms in the same office. Only one member of a household membership may serve as an Officer or Director in the same term.
SECTION 3 - AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB DELEGATE
The Delegate to the American Kennel Club shall be elected by the membership to serve a two year term or until the Delegate’s successor is elected. The qualifications for Delegate shall be expressed in the Bylaws of the American Kennel Club. The Delegate shall attend and report on quarterly meetings of The American Kennel Club.
SECTION 4 - VACANCIES
Any vacancy in a position described in this article shall be filled until the next election by a majority vote of the then members of the Board of Directors except that a vacancy in the office of President shall be filled automaticallyt by the Vice President, and the resulting vacancy in the office of Vice President shall be filled by the Board.
SECTION 5 – BONDING AND INSURANCE
All Officers and Directors shall be indemnified from personal financial liability through the ACA purchasing of Directors and Officers Insurance.